Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th January 2007
BS.Player Newbie

wesly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACDSEE conflict issues

Hi guys,

I recently updated from my old bsplayer (freeware) version (1.x) to the new 2.x.
While i overall like the improvements, there is one serious issue that makes it impossible for me to completely switch over to the new version.

I'm a user of the new ACDSee photo manager. It's a very popular program to manage pictures and movies.

The problem is that when ACDSee is opened and a movie is selected in it, i cannot play any avi movies with the new bsplayer (bsplayer then just crashes. mpeg movies do work fine). With the old bsplayer i can play avi movies without a crash while a movie is selected in acdsee!

When ACDSee is closed or no movie is selected in it,..then i can play every movie in the new bsplayer (so it's no codec problem. The problem only arises when a movie is selected in ACDSee and the new bsplayer is used. Again the old bsplayer version does not show this conflict problem.

It probably is connected with the preview window which displays a thumbnail when a video is selected. Somehow the old bsplayer version can cope with that, but the new version can't and crashes.

It's hard to describe, but please try this with the acdsee trial version and you'll see what i mean. It's the only problem that keeps me off the new bsplayer version :(
Old 24th January 2007
BS.Support
BS.Player Power User

Ico-man is on a distinguished road

We will try to reproduce the problem and find the fix.

Take care.
Old 24th January 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-man
We will try to reproduce the problem and find the fix.

Take care.
Cool. Let me know if there are any questions about the circumstances (it's not very well described with words, but i might be able to show it with screenshots if necessary).
Or when it's fixed so i can pay for the new-gen bsplayer
Old 14th May 2007
BS.Player Newbie

I just tried version 2.21 and the problem described here still occurs: the player crashes when a movie is launced from within ACDSee (only with the new bsplayer. Version 1.x still works fine with it :( )

Tags
acdsee, conflict, issues