Official BS.Player forums  

Go Back   Official BS.Player forums > Main forum > Bug Reports And Codecs

Bug Reports And Codecs Report BS.Player bugs here - help us to improve BS.Player even further.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough
Default BUGS in BSplayer v2.00.937 (Normal/Pro)

Here will be reported the BUGs related to BSplayer v2.00.937
__________________________________________________ __________

BUGS:
- Annoying Taskbar Button Problem (by John0877)
- Bug on DVD playback (by grendizer)

TRANSLATIONS:
- I'v not yet installed v2.00.937, so I can't confirm or not previously reported bugs, but I noticed that the language files are still the ones for v1.37 (this problem as already been reported several times when previous versions had been released)
- It's impossible to send updated translation files since in "lang_changes.txt" file is written that has been added section [WID40], but since the file "English.lng" is outdated (February 2006) there isn't a WID40 section, thus translators don't possibly know which strings have been added to the translation process
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

- Exit Full screen when multiple files are present in Playlist (by grendizer)
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

Opened DVD from a virtual drive. Disabled Intervideo decoder used by default by BSplayer. Closed BSplayer. Open BSPlayer, press play (should continue playing the DVD file, instead get a Unknown file format I can't get rid of. I will try to kill the process. Elecard MPEG2 decoder is installed, and was used to play until now all MPEG2 files.
:) Re registered ivivideo.ax and resumed play from...the last place WinDVD 7 was stopped.
Rightclick->menu->audio menu or subtitles menu not working, just title menu.
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

No close button for Equalizer and media library. Hard to close them.
Same old bug about split line if too long as default option after install, even my option in previous install was font automatic rearange.
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Tuner is not initialised on first opening. Same old bug. Same old bug about echo from line-in. Same old bug about loosing all tuner channel presets after a new install.
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Same old bug about split line if too long as default option after install, even my option in previous install was font automatic rearange.
I've not tried the latest release, but for the MediaLibrary, maybe try to go a little left (~100-200 pixel) from the top-right side and a close button should appear..

For the Equalizer, I think it's a skin related issue.
The equalizer is now fully editable, so it should be possible to add a close button alto to the EQ.

(As I said I've not yet installed/tried the latest release, so this solutions may not work. I'll try it as soon as possible)
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Opening media library without opening a file caused a fatal error of "missing common.dll, reinstalling the aplication ....bla, bla". No more media library.
Old 12th June 2006
BS.player Regular User

durerca is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying out the 2.0 version and there is a close button for the playlist, media library, and equalizer windows. Just make sure you hover to right above the upper right corner of the window and the minimize/close buttons will pop up (a nice feature to keep the skin clean).

One intermittent problem I noted is that when using the new, default skin, sometimes when I open a video and then put it into full screen the taskbar will still be showing at the bottom for a second, then it will try to hide itself. It doesn't hide properly though and leaves scraggly black and white lines in it's place at the bottom of the screen (sorry for the poor description). This doesn't happen always though.
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Quote:
I've not tried the latest release, but for the MediaLibrary, maybe try to go a little left (~100-200 pixel) from the top-right side and a close button should appear..

For the Equalizer, I think it's a skin related issue.
The equalizer is now fully editable, so it should be possible to add a close button alto to the EQ.

(As I said I've not yet installed/tried the latest release, so this solutions may not work. I'll try it as soon as possible)
200 pixels is a quarter of a screen !!!! Can we call this a bug ?
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Power User

grendizer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
One intermittent problem I noted is that when using the new, default skin, sometimes when I open a video and then put it into full screen the taskbar will still be showing at the bottom for a second, then it will try to hide itself. It doesn't hide properly though and leaves scraggly black and white lines in it's place at the bottom of the screen (sorry for the poor description). This doesn't happen always though.
I noticed that too
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Ok, let's see..

- Regarding the absent MediaLibrary closing button I must say that it's present (as durerca said), the 100 pixels left bug as been fixed with latest release.
But the equalizer doesn't have a close button :? (or am I blinded? 8) )
- The taskbar issue is confirmed!
- The Balance settings are not remembered by the Equalizer skin, once you close-reopen it, the balance shows you a center setting
- Same issue for the "Auto" led in Equalizer, not remembered when closing-reopeneing the EQ
- The old playlist style window open state is not remembered when you close BSplayer and then reopen it (the new playlist style is not affected by this bug)
- The Actions in Keydefinitions & WinLIRC preferences' section are not translated in other languages, only English!
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

SUGGESTION TO EVERY BSPLAYER V2 USER
After you install BSplayer make a backup of the media library database file (located in C:\Program Files|Webteh\BSplayerPro\bslib\BSPMLIB.DAT)

Since there isn't a Clear media library button, if something goes wrong with the MediaLibrary database, the only way you have to fix it (and in some cases the only way you have to make BSplayer still works) is to replace the modified BSPMLIB.DAT file with the one you backup-ed after the BSplayer installation

@ adicoto
Probably if you reinstall BSplayer by replacing that file you'll be able to use it again
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

BUG:
- Wrong icon assigned to BSplayer associated files (by durerca) it may be caused by a wrong icon indexation in the exe resources or (most probably) in the resource lookup function (it's read the INDEX-1 icon instead the INDEX one)..
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

BUGS:
- The Winamp Enhancer DSP plugin bug is still there. Maybe you can skin the windows only when they are effectively displayed, and not when they are loaded into memory
- I think that adding an option to edit RADIO/TV/PODCAST added items will be a good idea, so people can modify/look-and-copy the content of their added streams. (IMHO it's not enough to only show the links by overing the mouse on the items)
- For PODCASTs I think that once a Podcast's content has been downloaded, it should be directly played in BSplayer
- For PODCAST, when you doubleclick on an item, it will not be downloaded, but it will be added to the playlist, but when you try to play it an ERROR! string appears in the Currently Played file name. Instead if you select Download menu item, the file will be downloaded, but not added to the playlist :?
- If you doubleclick a DVD item from the MediaLibrary the DVD playback starts, but if you do the same thing from the Playlist's DVD section (available only in the New style Playlist) nothing happens..
- A request more than a bug, but there should be a "Play" item in the Playlist selected file's right-click menu. This will make possible to create new Playlist directly from Playlist (new style window) instead of ONLY from MediaLibrary, plus this will probably fix the doubleclick don't working issue in Playlist's DVD section
- If it is not possible to delete the genre (and also Artist and Album) elements from the media library lower panel once the AUDIO items are removed, maybe a "Clear library" section button would be a nice choice (this will prevent BSplayer to show messages if the ML database will corrupt)

NOT BSPLAYER RELATED BUGS:
- In the forum pages, the links at the top pointing to the homapage etc. are broken links (they don't point to the homepage) and once you click them you are redirected to a NOT FOUND (error 404) page
- In the homepage skin section, if you sort the skins by Most Commented, the third one preview is of Icy 1.3 skin, but the displayed name is This is skin name, and when you click on it, the preview is of sürüm 0.27 ** -- for inciler groups -- ** skin... :?
(I don't know if other skins have similar problems, but it seems that that skin is the only one with such a problem)
Old 12th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Just find the media libray button. Nasty ideea with those buttons, besides the ugly skin and the terrible colour.

LE: Disabled skinned options, back to ver1 skin, all buttons are in place. Thank god. Starts looking like a media player.
Old 13th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Open DVD. Info shown on the skin: 720x576 @ 29,97 (same mistake as the tuner capture setting) when playing a PAL DVD. Surely there is something wrong in here.

Just opened BSPlayer to find that all file association is lost. No box is checked.
Old 13th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Messed up translation associations (it states Exit instead of Menu):
Attached Images
File Type: png exit_116.png (99.1 KB, 3435 views)
Old 13th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Movie duration it's not corectly displayed.
Attached Images
File Type: png error3_824.png (87.2 KB, 3428 views)
Old 13th June 2006
BS.Player Master

No matter what you select as dimension in capture settings, you get only 352x288.

LE: Settings apply after restarting BSplayer but captured file is empty.
Attached Images
File Type: png error4_195.png (53.9 KB, 3426 views)
Old 13th June 2006
BS.Player Master

Quote:
No matter what you select as dimension in capture settings, you get only 352x288.
If you manually change the size settings (and maybe also the frame rate one), you have to click on the arrows (the ones near the text box you modified) to make BSplayer aware of the changes..

Tags
normal or pro